Legal actions and redress

There are different legal actions that may be taken in Australia if you are being detained, restricted from seeing visitors, or restricted in movement.

If you are in an Aged Care Facility, you may be able to take action against the Operators or Owners of the Facility.  You may also be able to take action against the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (Aged Care Commission).

You can also start a conversation, in writing, with your Aged Care Facility, with the Aged Care Commission, and with others in power, to keep stating your case.

This page collects some material regarding the kinds of action that you might take to assert your rights to freedom of movement, and freedom to see people with whom you are in a relationship, or who are supporting or caring for you.

Keep in touch via email updates

Keep in touch with our newsletters